We are so excited to be seeking a part-time staff member who will be dedicated to the evangelization of our middle school and high school youth. We already have a lot of great things happening for these 6th through 12th graders, but we’re dreaming of so much more we can do for teens during these important years in their faith development. This is the first step of an exciting journey for our parishes!
If you are interested in knowing more about the vision for this new position, please view the position description below. Contact Sara Larson, Director of Family Ministry, at gro.l1527334692imhcr1527334692a@asn1527334692osral1527334692 or 414-962-2443 with any questions or ideas!
Youth, parents, and all parishioners, we invite you to support this initiative in three ways:
- Please help us spread the word! Share this announcement with anyone you know who might be interested in this position, post it on your social media, and talk about it with anyone and everyone you encounter – You never know how God might reach the perfect candidate!
- If you have ideas for what a vibrant and growing youth ministry could look like in our parishes, please get in touch with Sara Larson. Even better, contact Sara if you would be interested in being part of the volunteer team that we will be forming to love and serve our youth in the coming year.
- Pray, pray, pray! Let’s ask God for His guidance throughout this hiring process and trust that He will send us the right person for this important position. Come, Holy Spirit!
For the Parishes of Old Saint Mary, Our Lady of Divine Providence, Saints Peter and Paul, and Three Holy Women in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Our family of four parishes is seeking an enthusiastic, faithful, collaborative missionary disciple of Jesus Christ who is passionate about accompanying young people as they grow in relationship with Christ and His Church.
The Youth Minister facilitates the implementation of the pastors’ vision for middle school and high school youth ministry in the parishes of Old Saint Mary, Our Lady of Divine Providence, Saints Peter and Paul, and Three Holy Women.
The Youth Minister will be responsible for working with the pastors and Family Ministry Team to develop an evangelizing youth ministry that:
- actively seeks out youth from our parishes and from the wider community and invites them to connect with Jesus and the Church in a deeper way
- fosters personal relationships with Jesus and accompanies youth through a process of discipleship
- supports and empowers youth in becoming active participants and leaders in the parish community
This is a new part-time position for our four-parish family as we aim to better meet the needs of our youth population. We are seeking a thoughtful, creative individual who will examine and evaluate our current ministries and create and implement a long-term plan for building a dynamic, evangelizing youth ministry.
- Build personal relationships with youth (6th-12th grade) and parents of the four-parish family
- Sustain and expand our Nova Middle School Ministry
- Develop integrated ministry to high school youth
- Recruit and train a team of committed volunteers focused on working with youth
- Raise up older teens and young adults to be formed as mentors to younger teens
- Participate in middle school and high school summer mission trips
- Train and support youth volunteers during annual Good News Adventure summer camp (June 18 – 22, 2018)
- Coordinate sacramental preparation for 6th-12th graders who have not yet been baptized or received First Communion
- Assess current parish ministries to more effectively integrate active participation of youth
- Over time, establish retreats, social events, and justice and service opportunities for youth
- Occasionally, support the Family Ministry Team on other projects beyond the scope of youth ministry
The Youth Minister is a member of the enthusiastic and supportive four-parish Family Ministry Team and reports to the Director of Family Ministry. The Youth Minister will collaborate regularly with our school, Catholic East Elementary, and our religious education programs, East Side Child and Youth Ministry and Old St. Mary Religious Education. Additionally, as a member of the four-parish staff, the Youth Minister will work with other staff members on collaborative initiatives such as the four-parish Lenten project and other tasks assigned by the pastors.
This is a half time, 20 hours per week position, with hours reduced to 8 hours per week during July and August. Some evening and weekend work is required for programs. Daytime hours are flexible. This is a supportive, family-friendly workplace, and some flexibility is available for the right candidate.
- Practicing Catholic with a passion for relational ministry
- Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education, Theology, or Pastoral Ministry, or equivalent certification preferred
- Previous Youth Ministry experience preferred
- Willing to become a member of one of our four parishes, regularly attending weekend mass with the community and personally investing in the mission of our parishes
- Openness to our four-parish model of collaborative ministry
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to Sara Larson, Director of Family Ministry, at gro.l1527334692imhcr1527334692a@asn1527334692osral1527334692.
- The deadline for applications is May 17, 2018.
- The start date for this position is June 11, 2018.