Lent 2021: Possibility of Encounter
As we anticipate with hope the relaxing of social distancing measures due to the pandemic…as we reach out to those whose identity and experience may be different than our own, especially those who have been placed on the margins in our society…as we seek to know and love more intimately Jesus Christ in prayer, fasting and almsgiving…the Family of Four Parishes enters this season of Lent filled with faith, hope and love, seeking the “possibility of encounter” with our Lord, our fellow parishioners and all our sisters and brothers, created in the image and likeness of God.
Related to our Lenten theme of the “Possibility of Encounter,” we will be focusing this year’s almsgiving project on supporting the future Archdiocesan Ministry Center at All Saints! This ministry center will provide a variety of opportunities for building relationships with members of the All Saints neighborhoods. The Archdiocesan Ministry Center will provide a place of encounter, in the central city of Milwaukee, for the outreach and services of Catholic Charities. Other dreams for this space include offering a variety of family programming, as well as other opportunities that support overall individual and family wellness. To help attract neighbors to the center, our almsgiving campaign will focus on helping to create a positive and welcoming first impression of the ministry center. We will be raising funds to update the landscaping of the building, providing new signage to welcome visitors and neighbors, remove outdated barriers and hopefully provide a welcome desk. “We are helping to facilitate the possibility of encounter in the future.” Please prayerfully consider offering your financial support. To learn more, visit ssppmilw.org/archdiocesan-ministry-center-at-all-saints.
If you’d like to support this almsgiving campaign, please write a check to your parish and put “Lenten Almsgiving” in the memo line. Thank you!
Prayer, Community, And Education Opportunities during Lent
Click on individual event links below to learn more. Check back throughout Lent as more details are added.
Other Weekly Lenten Activities
Weekly reflections will be posted here and in the bulletin.
- The First Station: Jesus Is Condemned To Death
- The Second Station: Jesus Carries His Cross
- The Third Station: Jesus Falls For The First Time
- The Fourth Station: Jesus Meets His Mother
- The Fifth Station: Simon Of Cyrene Helps Jesus To Carry His Cross
- The Sixth Station: Veronica Wipes The Face of Jesus
- The Seventh Station: Jesus Falls The Second Time
- The Eighth Station: Jesus Meets The Women of Jerusalem
- The Ninth Station: Jesus Falls For The Third Time
- The Tenth Station: Jesus’ Clothes Are Taken Away
- The Eleventh Station: Jesus Is Nailed To The Cross
- The Twelfth Station: Jesus Dies On The Cross
- The Thirteenth Station: Jesus Is Taken Down From The Cross
- The Fourteenth Station: Jesus Is Laid In The Tomb
Stations of the Cross
Wednesdays and Fridays (except Good Friday)
- before 12:05 pm Mass (11:45 am ) at Old St. Mary
Monday, Tuesday, Friday (except Good Friday): 11:30 am at Old St. Mary (844 N Broadway)
Saturday (except Holy Saturday)
- 3:30 – 3:45 pm Our Lady of Divine Providence-St. Casimir (2600 N Bremen)
- 3:30 – 4:15 pm at Holy Rosary (2011 N Oakland)